Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Critiquing Dalton Hunt

Landscape Photo: 
I really like this photo. It is a good landscape because it shows the overall view of the field. His subject matter was very interesting. I like how he included the plants that were closer to the camera in his overall landscape view. I feel like it added some depth to the picture. I also liked the many shades of greens and yellows. He also did a nice job editing the photo in photoshop. I liked how he made the photo darker around the edges. It made the picture look sharper and I felt like it made the colors more vibrant. This picture was definitely my favorite of the two. I did like his other landscape photos too. It is hard for me to choose which one is the best. I liked the one photo of the bridge but this picture is more of a nature landscape.
Nature Photo:
This picture was also very interesting. I liked how he captured the spider's web on the fence. I also like the red color of the fence against the green background. I felt like it was a good representation of a nature photo. I looked through his other pictures and I really liked his pictures of the different flowers. They were very pretty, but I liked how he chose the photo with a subject that was different from the normal subject matter. The photoshopped picture was definitely better again. The edit brought out the red in the fence making it more bold. The only thing I would change about the photo is maybe the angle so that the fence isn't so crooked. Also I think if the sky was blue instead of grayish white. Overall I liked his photos. I thought he did a good job with this assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment